This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Frequency

Started by Anthony Winyard, October 27, 2016 · 7 Replies · 283 Views

Anthony Winyard

I'm doing Foundation 1, Stretches and Handstand 1.

I noticed that on one of the stretch videos Coach Sommers says not to do a particular exercise more than once a week as it wouldn't be beneficial yet have seen many of the coaches on here suggest that people do the daily limber every day. 

How do you determine which exercises can be done a few times a week and which can't?

Everett Carroll

Hey Anthony, 

I believe Coach is referring to the entire series. Performing the whole series more than once per week can inhibit recovery and forward progress. Taking some of the stretches from a stretch courses and including them in a light limbering session is totally fine. This is much different than a complete stretch series. 

Jonas Berglund
On 2016-10-28 at 8:27 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Anthony, 

I believe Coach is referring to the entire series. Performing the whole series more than once per week can inhibit recovery and forward progress. Taking some of the stretches from a stretch courses and including them in a light limbering session is totally fine. This is much different than a complete stretch series. 

Hi Everett,,I have 4 exercises per program (TB,FS,MS) i

really want to focus on. (All in early/warm up phase of the stretch series). Would that be to

much ontop of your 3 stretch programs once per week? 

 

Currently im doing only stretch series and No strength Training.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Stretch series and strenght training must be paired. only stretching gives a non-functional range of motion while strength training does. but the development of functional range of motion is still limited by the passive tension that can be managed with good stretch.

for this reason the 2 fields must be appropriately paired.

Jonas Berglund

Is this true for GB stretch courses aswell? I mean all

stretches arent passive, some are loaded. Arent that considered strength Training in maximum range of

Motion? 

 

I litteraly only have 2-2.5 hours per week to train at this moment. Would you suggest removing one of the stretch courses to get more strength in?

Everett Carroll

Hey Jonas,

Yes, I suggest including some strength training into your schedule. The Foundation One workouts don't take too much time and provide both strength and mobility work. You want exposure to strength, mobility, and flexibility work, which the combination of stretch and F1 provides.

Jonas Berglund

can i do the stretching 3-24 hours after strength training? ( hard time finding 60-90 conclusive minutes for Training.)

Min Jumping into fundamentals1 now. Appreciate the No

bullshit responses :)

Everett Carroll

Sure can! Stretch anytime you have time for it.