This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Not enough burn

Started by Mark Smith, October 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 231 Views

Mark Smith

Hi.  I am new to this, working the Foundation 1 course.  I started September 1 so the system reconfiguration caught me right in the middle of my learning curve.  Long story short, not sure about much in GST.  I seem to be maxed out in a few categories of exercises in F1, while still a long way from mastery in others.  This creates issues, like doing endless deck squats week after week even tho they're not challenging.  Insights appreciated.  Also, I do not believe GST, as I am doing it (3-4 sets per day, 4-5 x per week), gives me enough metabolic burn.  So I either do GST in tandem with a bike ride, 45 mins - hour, or a supplemental workout as in the attached photo.  Any concerns with this approach?  Thanks.

image.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mark as stated in other posts asking for the same question (please use the search function or the forum and subforum) if you goal it is to stay lean  and you want to insert some cardio be sure that this will not affect your GST progress. Also if deck squat are not challenging you can jump on the SLS progression on step 9 and test the mastery for both mobiltiy and strength.

Mark Smith

Thanks Alessandro.  I guess that's what I am looking for, some input on whether the exercises I am doing will affect my GST progress.  Not sure if you can see it in the photo, but the extra exercises I am doing right now (in addition to a lot of cycling) are deadlifts, push-ups, double-unders, battle rope intervals, 140# kettlebell farmer carries, sit ups, 40# slam ball lunges, 53# kettlebell cleans, rowing intervals on a Concept2, 53# kettlebell swings, 24" plyo box jumps, gut wheels, pull ups, and weighted jump rope.  Also, it is not clear to me whether or how we test for mastery in the new format.  I am being advised by the help desk that I need to buy Foundation 2 in order to progress onto the next Single Leg Squat exercise.