This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson curl: Max per day?

Started by Chad Moffitt, October 27, 2016 · 6 Replies · 267 Views

Chad Moffitt

Hi team,

I have started doing Jefferson curls regularly through the day, when taking a break from my desk - so about 3 or 4 times a day.

Do you think I should be careful with that, or is it like stretching where it's pretty safe to do a lot of?   I'm doing about a half of the load that I do in an actual gym session.

Everett Carroll

Hey Chad,

I suggest doing unweighted stretching throughout the day instead. Just do some light limbering. If you have Fundamentals, you could spread the daily limber out over the day or repeat it a couple of times. Some of the FL iM's would be really good for opening up from desk work.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Chad Moffitt,

Everett is correct. You can do it throughout the day without weight but you have to be really careful if you are doing it with load. There are a lot of mobility exercise that will help you open up from desk work. If you have the Thoracic Bridge course that would really be handy. :)

Mikkel Ravn

Agreed. Love the J-curls, but there are so many other great iM's to choose between.

Alessandro Mainente

Chad if you seriously enjoy the JF you have to consider to do it daily using the 50% or the 40% of the weight you are using during the training.

Chad Moffitt

I'm a JC lightweight, so I'm talking very low weights. 3kg /6lbs.  Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Jon Douglas

Certainly wouldn't go heavy more than once a day and not every day either.