This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

form check & tips for front split

Started by Tobias Magnussen, October 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 98 Views

Tobias Magnussen

Hi,

I started working on front splits 2day ... Had my first workout, and oh boy, I am really tight! Had trouble holding the positions for just a couple of seconds .... Could you guys plz check the videos below, and see if I should make some modifications to be able to hold the stretch longer?

Thanks in advance!

Everett Carroll

Hey Tobias,

Thanks for the submission!

For the top video (Vertical Lunge Bent), you can move your glute further from your heel while keeping the ninety degree angle in the front knee. Leaning forward more will also make the stretch less intense.

For the bottom video (Narrow Hurdler Block), I suggest sitting on a block. Place the glute of the straight leg on a yoga block and leave your foot on the floor. From there, work to sit up straight with a flat back.

Play around with these and try to find a position that you can hold for 90s. Post a video of your updated form! We're looking forward to seeing your improvement.