This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 my available workouts vs lessons and progression

Started by Matthew Frias, October 26, 2016 · 4 Replies · 135 Views

Matthew Frias

Hello,

 

Forgive me if this was better addressed in another forum and please direct me accordingly if it is. My questions is about the formatting of the training. I understand that I need only to follow through the available workouts and rate them on the "smiley" face scale. My question goes back to the list of "lessons and progressions". When I select my foundation 1 option I'm directed to a page that features workouts for various skills like straddle planche, side lever,etc. My question is in doing my weekly work do I stick to exercises on "my available workouts" page or should I also be doing the ones featured on my foundation 1 page? I notice that the workouts on the foundation one exercises don't feature a "smiley" face rating. Why is that?

 

On a similar note I notice various workouts on my exercieses page are featured as samples. I"m assuming it's because that I need to purchase other workouts/programs. Do I need those to progress properly through F1? If not then what would be their purpose?

 

Thank you again in advanced!

 

Matt

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matthew the LIst of the Exercises it is reserved only to some advanced students who are able to program their schedule. If you are working on F1 you have to follow the follow along workout under the upper body, lower, core etc option .If you have F1 you can do the workout cited above and it is not necessary (but sometime recommended) to add handstand or stretch program.

Lee Brown

Think of the "lessons and progressions" as an insight into what lays ahead - you can see what movements follow the ones you are doing now and what sets/reps you will need to master them. 

But all you really need to worry about is your "my workouts" list. That contains everything you should be actually doing.

The samples of the other courses are just that - tasters of what those courses are like. If you buy them they are then unlocked and join your other workouts to be done.

once you get used to it, it's incredibly user-friendly.

Matthew Frias

Thanks again for the insight from both of you! Any opinions on purchasing the other courses that I see as "samples" will I gain more benefit from them or is focusing on these Foundation 1 concepts enough for now?

Alessandro Mainente

It strongly depends on your limitation. let me give an example, limited range of motion overhead  can be paired with thoracic spine course, lower limbs limitations with the 2 stretch courses.

From my perspective adding handstand 1 it is the best complement if you have to make a choice. it is necessary for future elements development.on F3 .