This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder dislocates not improving

Started by Tim McElroy, October 26, 2016 · 6 Replies · 293 Views

Tim McElroy

Hi, I have been doing Handstand 1 and working through the section with weighted dislocates. I have not been able to add weight or reduce the width I use on the PVC pipe despite doing all the required sets several times a week for 2 months. Is there a movement I should be doing BEFORE dislocates to get better mobility? 

I have always struggled with very tight wrists which I assume comes from further up in my shoulders - just some context to help.

Thanks. 

Everett Carroll

Hi Tim,

Can you post a video of the previous 4 HS iM's? A form check on these is a good way to check if you were ready to move to dislocates or if you should move back a progression or two. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tim, I notice from you only "2 posts", this means that no previous form checks were posted for review. remember that no mastery on the previous elements will greatly reduce the amount of mobility you can achieve in the future mobility elements.

Tim McElroy

Hi Everett, Thanks for getting back to me. 

Here is iM1

Here is iM2

Here is my current wrist extension

What's your opinion? Which should I go back to?

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tim i do not consider the posted IM's as mastered or closer to mastery in fact in the first IM the grip it is too wide and it should me more narrow, in the secon IM the grip must be narrow and the extension must reach at least 90°.

Keegan Yentsch

These also MUST be mastered using a weighted bar. From the look of your form check video you are using an unweighted wooden dowel.

Tim McElroy

Hi Alessandro, Thanks for looking those videos over. I better back it up!