This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating CV training into F1

Started by Alex Hurley, October 26, 2016 · 3 Replies · 137 Views

Alex Hurley

Whilst F1 is challenging my strength and seeing weekly progressions, I feel my metabolism is reducing. I'm not as hungry as I used to be when previously doing the standard strength and hypertrophy work eating 5-6 meals a day etc. 

As a whole I feel that my body is becoming a bit softer and want to get some fat stores burnt. I'm already going low carb by backloading my carb intake until the PM and generally eating less, I'm now wanting to integrate some intervals/circuit/KB/X-fit training into F1. Has anyone tried this without compromising their GB training?

Thanks in advance.

Alex, UK 

Alessandro Mainente

Every type of diet must be constructed in function of the activity you are doing and on function of the fuel you are using on the activity, personally now that i've completed some elements of foundations i'm in a schedule where I can burn more calories than before.  what about HIIT activity...if you can run 10 km in 1 our you are welcome to HIIT, if not you should spend more time on basic cardio work.

Paul Wallbridge

I usually do 10 mins (2k on machine) row and 20 mins run prior to each GST set. I don't feel any negative effects to my GST training, I'm gaining definition in my upper body and torso whilst losing fat. I don't really watch my diet as I'm not training to perform/compete, I'm sure under a restricted diet I'd have seen significantly greater improvement.

this is despite having a long term issue with my hip (which the GST is helping) and a mild avulsion fracture to my ankle.

i run at about 12-16kph and train 4-6 times a week depending on free time and travel for work.

Alessandro Mainente

You understand by yourself if the cardio work has negative effect on your GST. personally I know that you cannot obtain the best from both. body does well one thing at time. if your intention it is to integrate cardio, you can, it's up on you.