I just wanted to check on my form on these. I won't be mastering hips swivels anytime soon so want to at least make sure I am doing this correctly.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Joshua Hibbert, October 25, 2016 · 11 Replies · 211 Views
I just wanted to check on my form on these. I won't be mastering hips swivels anytime soon so want to at least make sure I am doing this correctly.
Hi JOshua, good for me.
Hi Joshua,
Nice work on this one! I suggest sending in a video of your swivel hips to Video Review if you are having some trouble with it. A lot of times small correction or pointer makes a huge difference.
Thanks for the input. I will record my swivel hips and probably a few more exercises to check there progress when I next train.
I thought I would add my swivel hips here since they are the associated im, thoughts?
Remember to reach the floor with knees.
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Remember to reach the floor with knees.
If only I could. That is the limits of my current range of motion. I wasn't joking about how it would take a long while to reach mastery in this movement. I guess it's just a case of keep plugging away.
perform this type of IM on elevated surface like 10-12 cm and tell me how do you feel it and how the rom changes.
also try widening your feet. have had plenty of people gain a lot of rom simply from taking their feet a little wider.
On 28/10/2016 at 3:20 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:perform this type of IM on elevated surface like 10-12 cm and tell me how do you feel it and how the rom changes.
I have tried this an it doesn't seem to make much difference. The sensation in my hips are the same and if there is any increased range of movement it's not noticeable. I will just keep putting in the reps. I have also started to use a golf ball to massage the gluteus region that was mentioned on another thread so hopefully that will help too.
PLease try Coach SOmmer's suggestion in this post. this is pretty intelligent.
Great info. Thank you Alessandro. I will start working at that