This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front stretch / achilles tendonitis

Started by Marcus Patterson, October 24, 2016 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

Marcus Patterson

I have had achilles tendonitis going on around 10 years. It started when I began paying football once a week at the age of about 29. Didn´t know what it was and kept playing , even though it was nearly too painful to walk afterwards.

Stopped playing due to the pain, but a few years later started muay thai(I wouldn´t suggest starting this in your thirties to anyone) and the skipping warm ups brought the tendonitis back pretty badly.

Now I don´t really do anything like that any more, but the tendonitis never really goes away. Sometimes its better , sometimes worse.

I started the stretch series a few months ago and was excited about the thought that it might help the tendonitis, what with all the stretching an conditioning. 

It doesn´t seem to be getting better, maybe worse it anything.Would the calf raises be doing this? I can do the 180 fine and no pain at the time, but it´s always after standing up after resting or first thing in the morning that I feel it. 

 

I just tried rolling the backs of my calves with a rolling pin, and the outer part of my calf below the knee was very painful and almost felt like there was a lump as the pin seems to rise and drop a little over that part. 

What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marcus, after 10 years (it is a lot) you have to make a specific exam like nMR in ordr to check the degree of inflammation and degeneration.