This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do between sets of WP, WR, FKP, FTP?

Started by Mathew Simenc, October 23, 2016 · 9 Replies · 235 Views

Mathew Simenc

Hi, I am wondering what to do between sets of the wrist exercises that are to be done before doing the strength/mobility part of handstand one. As I understand we are supposed to alternate strength and mobility with no pause in between, but these is no second associated exercise for WP, WR, FKP, FTP.

 

I know other people have asked this but I am still unsure what is a rep for these exercises. For example the WP,PE1 video shows a repeating pattern of:

RH-down, LH-down, RH-up, LH-up, LH-down, RH-down, LH-up, RH-up

Where RH is right hand and LH is left hand.

Is that one or two reps?

Thanks!

Matt

Alessandro Mainente

Basically no rest. Do the first set of first exercise, then first of the seconds exercise etc.

What you have mentioned it is 2 reps.

Mathew Simenc

Ok, thanks Allesandro.

Is one 25-rep set acceptable or should there be a brief pause between each 5-rep set during 5 sets?

Everett Carroll

I prefer super-setting all four and repeating for that days scheduled number of sets. 

Mathew Simenc

Oh, great, thanks, I hadn't thought of that!

Edward Henigin
On 10/23/2016 at 3:24 PM, Everett Carroll said:

I prefer super-setting all four and repeating for that days scheduled number of sets. 

Huh, I thought coach said no super-sets allow? Maybe that was in reference to a different series...

Suzanna McGee
3 hours ago, Edward Henigin said:

Huh, I thought coach said no super-sets allow? Maybe that was in reference to a different series...

That's what I thought too… do first set exercise 1. Then second set… third set… when done, move on exercise 2… I kept the rest between very short, but just not to sit around, I added different iMs from Foundation: swivel hips, dislocates, cows and cats, etc… or stretches that need more attention. Next time I will try to superset it like coaches are saying above. Just for a change :)

Lee Brown

Pretty sure this is the one place Coach has said super sets are fine - certainly it's what I've been doing and it's worked great

Ronnicky Roy

He (and others) have said take it easy on your wrists. You want to baby them to a certain extent until they've had time to develop. So if you're in the earlier stages. Rest between sets and no super setting. If you've reached the last progression and are really more at the maintenance of the final progression, then I'm assuming that super setting is fine. But that's because the wrists are fully adapted already and you are doing just maintaining what has already been built.

 

Suzanna McGee

@Ronnicky Roy that is a great answer. Makes tons of sense. Thank you!