This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE8 iM Form Check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, October 23, 2016 · 14 Replies · 188 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys! 

Here's a video of my SLS/PE8 iM. 

How do you judge form and ROM? Is it enough to move on?

Thank you!

Alessandro

Petri Widsten

Form looks good. Can you get your butt to touch your feet?

Alessandro Di Sanzo
11 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Form looks good. Can you get your butt to touch your feet?

Nope, that is my best for now! (Even though much better than before)...

So butt to heels should be my last goal? I'm going to work on it! 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice form Alessandro , be careful with day for the first year after the surgery, personally for me legs extension work was a bit painful when approaceh but I had limited mobility on flexion. i hope you have recovered fully the mobility.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice form Alessandro , be careful with day for the first year after the surgery, personally for me legs extension work was a bit painful when approaceh but I had limited mobility on flexion. i hope you have recovered fully the mobility.

@Alessandro Mainente, You're right, in the beginning it was a bit painful, so I started with a very reducted ROM and I increased it little by little. Now at this ROM I feel no pain. 

Recently I resumed to stretch quads as well, I feel my right quad thighter than the left one.

Considering also that I feel quite easy the PE, can I feel free to move on the next progression or better to stay at this step until I get butt to heels at the iM?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes stay on this step. Iry to understand that now the knee has a very tight capsule. knee cap  mobilization mus be performed in equally measure on both flexion and extension everydays for long time. I mean at least 5 minutes each set. ACL rehab it is pretty taxing in therms of time.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes stay on this step. Iry to understand that now the knee has a very tight capsule. knee cap  mobilization mus be performed in equally measure on both flexion and extension everydays for long time. I mean at least 5 minutes each set. ACL rehab it is pretty taxing in therms of time.

I see what you mean Ale! I'm going to follow your tips!

Grazie mille!!

Alessandro

Mikey Cunanan
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes stay on this step. Iry to understand that now the knee has a very tight capsule. knee cap  mobilization mus be performed in equally measure on both flexion and extension everydays for long time. I mean at least 5 minutes each set. ACL rehab it is pretty taxing in therms of time.

I know this all too well. ACL rehab can be very daunting.  The SLS series has proven to be very effective form if treatment for me and im sure many others. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys! An update of my current natural leg extension. 

Finally I am able to get butt to heels. How do you judge my form and ROM? 

Thank you!!

Alessandro

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alessandro,

It's looking pretty good. One thing you need to be careful of is pike in the hips. as you begin to sit up, you pike your hips to help you get up. This is evidence that you are going a little bit too low for your current level of strength. Only go as low as you can handle sitting up without any pike. Keep at it!

Alessandro Di Sanzo
17 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Alessandro,

It's looking pretty good. One thing you need to be careful of is pike in the hips. as you begin to sit up, you pike your hips to help you get up. This is evidence that you are going a little bit too low for your current level of strength. Only go as low as you can handle sitting up without any pike. Keep at it!

 Ah yes, I clearly see the pike! Very well, I'm going to fix it! Thanks again for your feedback @Jeffrey Bittner !

Alessandro

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys!

Here's un update for the SLS PE8 iM. I tried to avoid the pike in the hips as much as possible. 

I think it's better now, what do you think? Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Alessandro

 

 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Bump

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alessandro,

You are doing an awesome job as you lower into the exercise, however, as you begin to sit up you are still piking the hips slightly. You can see in your video that your torso moves forward before your hips. Keep working on moving both the torso and the hips simultaneously.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
3 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Alessandro,

You are doing an awesome job as you lower into the exercise, however, as you begin to sit up you are still piking the hips slightly. You can see in your video that your torso moves forward before your hips. Keep working on moving both the torso and the hips simultaneously.

Oh I see what you mean! Good to know that, I aim to conquer this iM sooner or later, I don't give up! Thanks for your feedback @Jeffrey Bittner!