This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Logging permanently on a one day lag...?

Started by Lucy Flynn, October 23, 2016 · 3 Replies · 103 Views

Lucy Flynn

Anyone doing this? Couldn't find a search with any terms that brought up this in past posts. I have the biggest issue that I do not like to log into my computer, or use the computer much at all in the evenings before I go to sleep. I do not want to check off things in the AM that I have not done yet. My day is such that I am working and cannot interrupt without getting off track to enter Thrive data. I understand that it is in theory easy to enter this stuff, but my computer time is designated to be early AM before work to get things done. For me it will work better to use the system with a pre-decided, permanent one day lag, so that I don't get off track with the tracking by virtue of not entering stuff after dinner at night. Many days I do all the tasks, just don't log on in the evenings. This will be a problem if Sundays are not counted, so I will have to do Sundays and maybe skip Saturdays if I feel like doing that. For me being online all the time is not too healthy, and can get stressful to have to set more alarms etc to develop a "healthy" habit. I understand that this program is to be followed exactly as designed, but the only difference here is the data entry, not the eating behaviors/tasks. Thoughts? 

Kelby O'Shea

Yikes, you're making it hard for yourself. Logging in to mark your tasks after dinner will take about two minutes. Use a blue light cancelling app - you'll be fine.

Lucy Flynn
13 hours ago, Kelby O'Shea said:

Yikes, you're making it hard for yourself. Logging in to mark your tasks after dinner will take about two minutes. Use a blue light cancelling app - you'll be fine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am very clear on the idea that data entry is a simple task and doesn't take much time. I am looking to optimize the data entry to reflect what I actually do with nutritional habits, rather than what I choose to enter when, and reflecting only my data entry habits. Logging is an important part of this, and I want to find a way that I can participate that is effective for me personally, and gives me the best chance of success with the nutrition. 

 

Kelby O'Shea

Hi Lucy,

I'm not really sure a process as quick as marking tasks requires optimisation - the way the UI has been designed is pretty sleek. If you want to do it to reflect what you do, then you'll need to log your tasks after each meal. That's still only three times a day, and if that helps you then I reckon get after it. Personally, I just make sure that I set up my meals for the day so I can't fail any of the day's tasks. That just leaves the evening meal and the water goal, which I can either complete or not depending on if I've followed program that evening or not.