This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE6 Circle Arch Up

Started by Suzanna McGee, October 23, 2016 · 6 Replies · 132 Views

Suzanna McGee

Would like to hear tips how to improve myself...

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Suzanna,

You have the movement of your upper body down. I do suggest working this on a setup that gets your lower body parallel, or at least close to parallel, with the floor. The GB Backstraps work well. Tucking your feet under something sturdy and resting your legs accross a plyometric box or bench also works well. These types of setups are going to make this exercise harder and better prepare your obliques for later SL work. 

Leo Trinidad

Yes Everett is correct. You want it to be parallel and also I would like to add that you make sure that your knees doesn't bend.

Suzanna McGee

Thanks @Everett Carroll and @Leo Trinidad. We have a Romain chair that is parallel with the floor in the gym. I will jump on it tomorrow and will work on it!  

Suzanna McGee

@Everett Carroll and @Leo Trinidad, here I am on a horizontal romain chair. I keep my knees straight. I will work on making this move pretty (i.e. strong), but it's there anything else to think of? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Suzanna,

Nice improvement! Awesome that you were able to make the adjustments that Everett talked about. Like Leo said, keep working on squeezing your knees completely during your set. Nice job!

Leo Trinidad

Looks way better. Keep up the good work Suzanna. :)