This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/SE3>im &SE4>im

Started by Jin Liu, October 23, 2016 · 3 Replies · 142 Views

Jin Liu

Hi, 

I'm not on F4 yet and I intend to follow the progression every step of the way, but I'm wondering if, on the side, I can do some of the mobility work that are found in F4 to help improve my current strength? I'm thinking of RC/SE3>im and SE4>im in particular. I first learned these from outside of GST, and have tried them a few times and really liked them. I'm glad to see they are also in the GST Foundations, but they are so far down the progression. I'd like to work on them now as supplemental exercises, if there's no major risk of injuries.

Douglas Wadle

I don't see any problem doing some hangs after your workout. It's beneficial and good for many elements to have good grip strength.  Just don't get carried away and think this means you should jump into the full elements.  

Everett Carroll

Hey Jin,

It is okay to work on some of the later iM's. Like Douglas said, don't do too much and don't train the PE's beyond your current ability.

Jin Liu

Thanks for confirming, guys! I won't get cocky and jump ahead, unless I want to hit a road block right away, or get myself hurt (I've done enough of that..)