Struggling with horse

Started by phken4343, January 7, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,515 Views

phken4343

I can do at least 10 circles consistently now, and this is my 2nd year in gymnastics. I've tried to do circles with the feint, but I am struggling with the concept. I also tried to jump into circles, but I'm having trouble with those also. I thought of a solution to decrease the height of the horse so I can jump it easier and eventually raise it up to regulation height. Do you think that's a good idea?

If the gym is open tomorrow, I'll take a video.

Blairbob

You can also just take the pommels off or use a panel mat to get up higher.

What's happening with the feint? Make sure you lean on the hand and get your legs up behind you.

phken4343

I forgot to bring my camera today, but my friend took a video from his cellphone. It looked like I was piking my body while trying to go over the right side of the horse (I spin counter-clockwise). I'll post a video whenever I get the opprotunity.

zgxd2D8A4LQ

So this is how I should do the feint, right? (0:47) I'm supposed to leaning in the front, right?

Blairbob

Yes, not leaning over your hands generally means you fall off.