This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bringing back breakdown of mobility follow along

Started by Michael Stanwyck, October 22, 2016 · 5 Replies · 141 Views

Michael Stanwyck

I am hoping that it is possible to bring back the list of pieces of each of the mobility follow alongs, for a few reasons:

  • I can time myself and often, the timing in the follow along is not actually accurate
  • There is a lot of talking and banter that isn't required and frankly, gets old when you have to listen to it every time
  • It is not at all practical to watch a 45-minute video in my gym setting and I often need to pause to get myself set up

While I am empathetic to the desires of the coaching staff to implement a perfection of execution displayed in all of the follow along videos that are now required, it runs counter to the recent changeover to relinquishing a level of control over the programming and allowing students to do what they want and go with their own flow.

I'm not even trying to go with my own flow. I am just trying to get a set up where I can execute the programming. Sure, I could write it all down on my own, I suppose. But then why would I need the product at all? It was really convenient to see no-nonsense, no additional chatter versions of the stretches that dealt specifically with what was going on in each movement.

Coach Sommer

Hi Michael,

Sorry, not clear on what it is that you are requesting.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sarah O'Byrne

They're all there under "Lessons and Progressions". I also can't listen to the follow-along while at the gym so I consult the list with individual exercises and times.

 

Suzanna McGee

You still have all the videos and progression in your account, but not in your daily workouts… What I did and works really great for me when I cannot use the follow along videos (in the gym): I took snapshots of the exercises/names and put them in my Evernote… Printed them out. For each one, I write notes there what I need to think about, or new revelations over the weeks of stretching. I always bring the papers with me, pull them out (even though now I know the sequence quite well), pull out my iPhone timer and go…  it takes me the same time as the follow along video. Simple. 

Lucy Wilkins

HI Michael

 if you click on the stretch programme under 'lessons and progressions' rather than under 'my available workouts' ( same page just a bit further down) it will bring up the individual exercises.

Michael Stanwyck

awesome! Thank you!