This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow pain in crab and reverse plank

Started by Lindsay Blamire, October 22, 2016 · 4 Replies · 118 Views

Lindsay Blamire

Hello!

When I have my hands facing backwards in crab and reverse plank, I have significant elbow pain on both sides. My elbows do hyper extended. I am trying to keep a slight bend in them which reduces the pain, however then my shoulders get out of wack. I think ultimately this is a shoulder flexibility deficit?

What can I work on for this?

Lindsay

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Lindsay, try to turn the hands to the side, if pain persist you should consider to avoid this exercise. aside that how is you range of motion of shoulders extension?

Lindsay Blamire

I turned my hands to the side and it does help. It is also better if I just hold crab rather than try to move. Reverse plank just does not feel good. 

Attached is a pic my 5 year old just took working on my shoulders with a dowel. I would love to know more exercises to work on here because this is a weakness and so hard for me.

IMG_0558.JPG

Alessandro Mainente

Foe this particular case the handstand one course covers this type of shoulders mobility. ideally stretch course for bridge development and handstand 1.

Lindsay Blamire

Great thanks for the recommendation!