This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Constantly sore hamstrings

Started by Steffen Rasmussen, October 22, 2016 · 4 Replies · 145 Views

Steffen Rasmussen

Hi Guys.

I have been sore in my hamstrings for three weeks in a row now. 

It seems to be worse after i do MS (because of the straddle stretches) and FS. I also do the mobility and strengt from foundations series 2-3 times a week.

My questions is: Is it okay/normal to be sore or should I avoid it or at least have a few days a week where I'm not sore? If not i suppose I should let my hammies get time to recover? I really, really like the stretch series, so I would like not to cut down on them if possible.

Please let me know your suggestions/experiences with similar issues.

All the best,

Steffen

Everett Carroll

Hey Steffen,

How hard are you pushing the stretch courses? If you're pushing beyond slight to moderate discomfort, then you should reduce the effort level. 

Steffen Rasmussen

Hi Everett,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to reduce my effort level a little bit and hope it will help :-)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Steffen, feel free to modulate the time in between the same session of stretch series, I mean instead of doing in one time every 7 days, try to do it one time every 10 days.

Steffen Rasmussen

Thanks Alessandro, I will try that if they keep being sore!