This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lifting Weights

Started by Scott Spalding, October 21, 2016 · 3 Replies · 902 Views

Scott Spalding

I've just started the Fundamental series with Crab/Ape.  Normally, I've been lifting weights according to the 4HB workout.  Should I stop?  Make adjustments?  If so, what?

Everett Carroll

Hi Scott,

I suggest putting most of your time and focus into the Fundamentals lessons. Since you have been lifting weights, you may also want to consider beginning the stretch courses now. They will help you begin to limber up and undo some of the tightness you have most likely developed from weight training. RIght now, I recommend putting all of the energy necessary towards discovering and addressing weaknesses and imbalances through GST. 

Scott Spalding

Okay thank you!

Gabriel Nunez

All depends on what your personal goals are, but for the time being, suspend your thoughts and give faith to the fundamentals program like Everett said. Every movement will teach you something new about your yourself, so listen to the feedback your mind and body give you.