This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lack strength for thoracic bridge

Started by Ian Hamilton, October 21, 2016 · 4 Replies · 230 Views

Ian Hamilton

Hi. 

I'm able to do the majority of the thoracic stretch series but when I get to the elevated bridge section I lack the strength to push into the bridge  (and the mobility ) . What's the suggestion to get the strength? Do I just keep trying? I can get to my head on the ground, but can't push from there. 

Thanks 

Ian

Everett Carroll

Hi Ian,

This is totally fine for now. Over time, you will be able to get further and further into the series. Focus more on the movements you can complete for now and eventually those will develop the necessary strength and mobility for the positions later in the TB stretch sequence. Check out this thread as well:

Ian Hamilton

Thanks Everett. Will keep at it.

Ian

Samin Ishtiaq

It's ok to kick up to bridge, against a wall.

Everett Carroll

Hey Samin, 

That is a totally okay way to get into the bridge.