Any guidance would be greatly appreciated:
Headstand:
https://www.coachseye.com/v/qhqM
Mobility:
https://www.coachseye.com/v/buIV
Thanks!
Rodrigo
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Rodrigo Gordillo, October 21, 2016 · 11 Replies · 375 Views
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated:
Headstand:
https://www.coachseye.com/v/qhqM
Mobility:
https://www.coachseye.com/v/buIV
Thanks!
Rodrigo
Hey Rodrigo,
PE: Work to keeep a straighter body by keeping more tension through your legs, glutes, and core. This will become easier as you train this exercise more. Eventually, you want to remove the arch from your lower back so strive for more posterior pelvic tilt.
iM: As you raise the bar, don't let your chest lean forward. Try to remain upright and just raise the bar upwards. Once you reach shoulder height with this width of grip, move your hands closer together and repeat the process. Eventually, you want a shoulder width grip and the bar to be at shoulder height.
Ok, follow up form check ![]()
Headstand. Did my best to get that posterior tilt in but not sure if I'm getting closer or not
https://www.coachseye.com/v/nDNN
IM
i made my hands significantly wider to try to get the posture right. I will bring them in as I get more flexible.
https://www.coachseye.com/v/INvd
thanks for the feedback!
The PE it is ok and also the IM. Keep working.
On 10/21/2016 at 1:12 PM, Everett Carroll said:HiM: As you raise the bar, don't let your chest lean forward. Try to remain upright and just raise the bar upwards. Once you reach shoulder height with this width of grip, move your hands closer together and repeat the process. Eventually, you want a shoulder width grip and the bar to be at shoulder height.
I was going to ask - with my hands shoulder-width apart as in the demonstration video, I can only get my arms maybe 45 degrees up. So - do I start with my hands much wider and get them to the right elevation, and then work on bringing them inwards? OR do I keep my hands narrower and (hopefully) work my arm angle upward over time? Sounds like from your comment here that I should use the former approach - go wider, achieve elevation, and work to narrow the grip. Is that right?
Hi Edward,
Start with a wider grip, build to shoulder height, narrow your grip slightly, and repeat.
A question to the coaches regarding the PE (headstand): shouldn't the body line be vertical? It seems to me that he is leaning too much over his hands, or say his body line is not stacked over the head.
Just asking, because i'm working on this element aswell, Everett? Alessandro?
Hey Petra,
A slight angle is fine. It helps to keep the weight distributed evenly over the tree points of contact.
On 21/10/2016 at 7:12 PM, Everett Carroll said:iM: As you raise the bar, don't let your chest lean forward. Try to remain upright and just raise the bar upwards. Once you reach shoulder height with this width of grip, move your hands closer together and repeat the process. Eventually, you want a shoulder width grip and the bar to be at shoulder height.
Do we fail the mobility until we can get a shoulder width grip at shoulder height? And at what weight? I read 3kg somewhere, and then 10% of body weight somewhere else...
The approach that must be follow it is as follow:
-if you are very weak no weight and find a hands distance to lift to 90° and work on that form
-reduce the grip with the time until shoulders distance
-increase the weight of 1 kg and begin from point 1 by searching a stance where you can lift up to 90°
-for mastery 3 kg it is fine.
-when you move to IM3 you should work also on IM2 and reach as a long therms goal to 10% of BW.
please guys, there are many discussions where HOW to mastery it is already been discussed, use the search function.
19 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:please guys, there are many discussions where HOW to mastery it is already been discussed, use the search function.
Thanks for the response. I didn't realise there was a search function, sorry. I'll try to remember that in future.
If people keep asking this same question though, I guess the information needs to be in the course itself (among the videos for the exercises ... I don't think it's clear that you can't move onto PE3 unless you have 3kg on the bar for the associated mobility exercise.)
The forum exists exactly for this reason , it is simply impossible to write down all the things for every single PE's. Students need a couple of focus point rather that a full time school manual because this is not the primary goal. details if needed are covered in the private forum.