I have progressed to the point of being able to perform a strict bar-muscleup w falsegrip.
M question is how do I progress from this and strengthen the transition? Maybe even work on a no falsegrip version.
Started by Johan Hägg, October 21, 2016 · 3 Replies · 3,817 Views
I have progressed to the point of being able to perform a strict bar-muscleup w falsegrip.
M question is how do I progress from this and strengthen the transition? Maybe even work on a no falsegrip version.
Hey Johan,
I have found that strengthening the pulling and pushing components of this exercise made learning the transition without a false grip much easier. Specifically, the hollow back press and rope climb progressions from Foundation One and Two are what I used and they made bar muscle-ups a piece of cake.
Thank you for your answer! I will look into this!
HI, Johan, please post a wider picture of the monkey bar setup you're doing muscleups on. Can you show a closeup of the junction of horizontal ladder and vertical support, right where the bar is you're hanging from?
i just finished making a free-standing monkey bar setup, I'll post in in Equipment soon.