This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breakfast - thrive and volume

Started by Bret Kennedy, October 20, 2016 · 2 Replies · 209 Views

Bret Kennedy

Hi all. So I am doing thrive and haven't noticed any discernible difference in weight. I am only onto the 10th step.

 

this is my breakfast every morning. 2 eggs dash heavy cream scrambled, 1/2 tsp butter for cooking and 1 slice of smoked salmon.

 

i am overweight for me by about 15lbs. I am training gst 3-5 days a week depending on work.

Just trying to really work out if I need to increase my training load a little given that I am still on or around the start of foundation 1

IMG_1713.JPG

Kelby O'Shea

I hear you brother. I've been doing GST since June and started thrive a couple of months ago - I'm on step 12. I have lost some body fat but not a lot. However, I have gained quite a lot of lean muscle, had really noticeable increases in performance in my BJJ practice and I'm slowly starting to increase volume in my F1 training by progressing from PE 1 step1 on all exercises to step 3 or 4 in most. My mobility, core strength and endurance is massively up and many of my training partners have been commenting about my impressive flexibility despite being a big guy.

From what I have learned from Jeff in our forum interactions, Thrive is truly a long term solution to your weight problems. Its about providing ample amounts of good clean fuel for your body so you can get after it in your training and life. This isn't a get ripped in 21 days plan or any similar such thing. Thrive seems to me to be structured with the same ethos as GST training - consistent and steady work over time to gradually get outstanding results. It might take a year or so to get where you want to be - with consistent work and sticking with the program, success seems certain.

Jeff Serven

Well said