This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to order right/left reps for SL/PE6

Started by Cameron Williams, October 19, 2016 · 12 Replies · 183 Views

Cameron Williams

Just wondering, does it matter how we order the direction of the reps for SL/PE6?

In other words, do we do 1 left, 1 right, repeat? Or 5 one way and then 5 the other? Or any combination?

Please advise

Thanks!

Cam

Suzanna McGee

I think they alternate in the video… that's how I do. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Cameron,

I'm going to leave that one up to you to do how you'd like. Remember, the most important thing is getting your work done with good form.

Radoslav Dobrík

Just to be sure - does 5x10@ mean 10 reps for one side (10 to the left, 10 to the right), or does it mean 10 reps total (5 to the left, 5 to the right)?

Lee Brown

According to the technique tip video, each circle is a rep - so 10 would be five from the left, five from the right. But watch the follow along video to make sure you're doing everything right. 

Cameron Williams

I believe it's 10 reps total, same as PE5. 

Everett Carroll

SL/PE5 and SL/PE6 are both 5x10r@, which is 5x10r per side.

Cameron Williams

This seems to consistently be a point of confusion (has been since I started over 2 years ago).

To the powers that be: can you please make clear on exercises like this one where reps are counted per side whether it's a total rep count or an "each-side" rep count? Or at least for the exercises like this one which don't yet have a follow-along video. It would save time and confusion.

Everett - noted! Looks like I have to go back to PE5!

 

Lee Brown
45 minutes ago, Cameron Williams said:

This seems to consistently be a point of confusion (has been since I started over 2 years ago).

To the powers that be: can you please make clear on exercises like this one where reps are counted per side whether it's a total rep count or an "each-side" rep count? Or at least for the exercises like this one which don't yet have a follow-along video. It would save time and confusion.

Everett - noted! Looks like I have to go back to PE5!

 

The powers that be have, Cameron - the follow-along videos. 

Even if you don't want to use them during your actual workouts, a quick play will perfectly demonstrate the number of reps, order, quality of movement and pace. 

Cameron Williams

Hi Lee,

I use follow along videos in every case it's available, but PE5 and PE6 in this element don't have them (yet) - I mentioned this in my post. 

Unless there's an error and it's only me who doesn't have follow alongs for these elements?

I also don't have a follow along for SLS/PE5

Lee Brown

Ah sorry Cameron - should've read more carefully before replying

Cameron Williams

No worries :)

William Marler
On 10/20/2016 at 1:29 PM, Everett Carroll said:

SL/PE5 and SL/PE6 are both 5x10r@, which is 5x10r per side.

I'm on SL/PE5 and noticing this changes the difficulty of this element dramatically ... back to step 5, heh.