This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Pushup Question

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, October 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 157 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I'm on SE1 after a flareup worryingly led me to drop down some progressions and refine my form. I'm on SE1 and fine them easy, save for one caveat: arm position/angle. Are the arms meant to be 90 degrees from shoulder or do they drop (should the elbow pits face each other or face the ceiling)? When my arms drop below 90 I feel pressure/pain on ligaments on/by radial bone (when elbow pits face each other no problems, when they face upwards it's uncomfortable--the exercise photo has the athlete with his elbow pits facing more so upward than each other)? Thoughts? Analysis paralysis? Or is this an important piece of the ouzzle? If it is important I'll stay on SE1 and work at it, if it's not then I'd be glad to jump up to SE2 and slowly work back to full pushups in SE4.

 

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Daniel, well bending the wrists at 90° provides a good pre stretch of the wrist extensor before the active work and this is a good thing. this point it is by far more important then the rest. if you can hold this particular correctly you can master the variation and move on.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
23 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Daniel, well bending the wrists at 90° provides a good pre stretch of the wrist extensor before the active work and this is a good thing. this point it is by far more important then the rest. if you can hold this particular correctly you can master the variation and move on.

So keep the wlbow pits facing each other and arms at 90 degrees. Got it. Thanks.