This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Jan-Feb 2010 Steady State Cycle

Started by Bob Sanders, January 6, 2010 · 5 Replies · 1,434 Views

Bob Sanders

Push Day

Advanced Flat-Tucked Planche Hold

10x6 seconds

Pseudo-Planche Push ups

5x5 2 minute rest

Handstand Push ups

5x3 3minute rest

Getting Strong Now

Planche.jpg

Bob Sanders

Pull Day

Advanced Flat-Tucked Front Lever Holds

10x6 seconds

One-Arm Chin Up- Assisted

3x3 3 minute rest

Front Lever Pulls- Half

3x3 3 minute rest

Getting stronger with body weight conditioning

FrontLever%281962%29.JPG

Bob Sanders

Leg+Core Day

A1.One-Legged Squat

5x5 3 minute rest

A2.Body Lever

3x3 3 minute rest

Natural Leg Curls

3x3 3 minute rest

L-Sit Holds

6x10s

L-sit.jpg

Bob Sanders

I am almost a month into my SSC. But I have still been adjusting a lot lately. For example this morning, I increased my rest time to 3 minute for handstand and decrease the volume to 3 sets. I am still going strong and planning to stick through the whole cycle until my cycle is officially finished. So note to self, for my next cycle DO NOT change anything. Kep everything the same except for the static holds. Change that accordingly to strength ratio.

Bob Sanders

Hey guys. Just an UPDATE. I try to change to much things here. For example last week I was supposed to do PULL DAY but my schedule wouldn't allow me. BUT I did do the front lever static hold though. So instead I did the PULL DAY today. So at least I got it in. But for this week it would be 2 PULL DAY: One from last week and one for this week.

I also took out the LEG/CORE DAY workout. I am already doing a lot of leg work for TRACK AND FIELD practice and sprint drills and repeats. So I don't want to over train too much and put too much energy on it.

I also wanted to ad more exercise since I am only doing 2-day workout now to pack on more lean muscle mass since my volume is so low and frequency is so low. So I have decided to wait it out until the end of my cycle since it it so close.

In the future I will keep my Fundamental Bodyweight Exercise the same increasing the rep or sets accordingly, while adding some new things for more volume to add lean muscle mass but also keeping it in a strength rep range.

For the Fundamental Static Exercise I will focus mainly on the Planche and Front Lever holds. I will try to progress onto the Straddle Planche and the Straddle Front Lever for my next Steady State Cycle.

All the while going to districts and states for outdoor track this Spring!!!

ITS GONNA BE AN EXCITING MONTH TO COME! STAY TUNE FOR MY PROGRESS VIDEO COMING SOON!!!

Bob Sanders

single arm floor press 24 kg 5 reps x 10 sets 3 min rest each side

superset

side raise

db press 25lb 10,8,6,5 90 sec rest

push ups bw x 10 x 10 30 sec rest