What do you think about this guy

Started by Rampage, January 6, 2010 · 14 Replies · 4,026 Views

Rampage

This guy says at 1:44 that what he does "hasn't been done" by someone else before.

JL

I couldn't quite make out what he said. Kind of hard to say in what context he means it. I'm sure he must know a ring man could do that. Probably referring to some of the 'other' dudes on the calisthenics scene wanting to say they did that way before him. I need to see what else he has been up to.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

amazing physique and strength but lacks the form and finesse of a gymnast

MCem222

I've seen this video before. Its amazing, considering he probably didn't have much guidance or formal training

I'm now sure what he was doing at 1:44, it looked like a weird combination between dips and a back lever

Gregor

It's more like bent elbow maltese :arrow: back lever :arrow: press to bent arm maltese.

Razz

The impressive thing is that he's holding the horizontal bars.. but still pretty sure its no one of a kind move

Gregor
Razz said:
The impressive thing is that he's holding the horizontal bars.. but still pretty sure its no one of a kind move

Agreed!! That's the most impresive. I know I couldn't have grip like that.

JL
Gregor said:
Razz said:
The impressive thing is that he's holding the horizontal bars.. but still pretty sure its no one of a kind move

Agreed!! That's the most impresive. I know I couldn't have grip like that.

If you noticed, he has gloves on for that scene.

Gregor

glowes or no glowes. His grip is insane.

JL
Gregor said:
glowes or no glowes. His grip is insane.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like that is the weak link for gymnasts. Jovtchev slipped on the finger rail at Sasuke, and Paul also lost his grip due to wet apparatus. Is that from becoming dependent on so much chalk or rosin?

Gregor

No.

We are not wall or rock climbers.

Blairbob

Look at the forces generated on HB or SR and that explains it all.

Rampage

Hitman does his HS's and HSPU's with bad form right?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

well

back arched, very abbreviated rom, doesn't fully straighten elbows and shoulders at the top, hands much wider than shoulder width, shoulders fairly closed throughout.

so yes there is room for improvement. as always - low reps good form will build more strength.

Mark Weaver
Rampage said:

This guy says at 1:44 that what he does "hasn't been done" by someone else before.

Yuri did something similar on the rings, except his arms were straight. Maltese -> back lever -> maltese