Don't mix slouching and levers

Started by Neal Winkler, January 6, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,148 Views

Neal Winkler

I hurt my back today doing levers and vertical jumps.

I was doing some integrated training with 6 sec levers (my max for the variation is probably 20 sec.) followed by a few verts.

I think what got me was slouching before the training session, and between sets.

I was playing call of duty before hand for a couple of hours and I was slouching the whole time. I workout at home so I turned it off and started to train.

I warmed up of course, but between each set I sat down with a slouched posture.

I think it was the combination of the slouching for hours before training and between each set combined with an exercise (front levers) that take a lot of spinal extension.

When I went to stand up after a set, thats when I hurt it, not during an exercise. It's right below my shoulder blades on the spinal erectors.

I wonder how long I won't be able to train now.

Blairbob

foam roll (SMR)