This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3 & iM Full Squat/Kneeling Circle

Started by Nicholas Hoang, October 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 97 Views

Nicholas Hoang

Not sure if I'm squatting low enough. I can't seem to squat any lower than this. Any tips to help achieve a deeper squat is greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/rirMbSPKPK4

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Nicholas, my simple strategy it is DO IT SLOWER. when muscles and connected tendons are stretched to much the brain tends to protect the body by squeezing the stretched muscles. this is particularly presented on caves and quads, when it happens range of motion seems to be immediately limited. slowly movement with less bouncing prevents this problem.

Nicholas Hoang
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Nicholas, my simple strategy it is DO IT SLOWER. when muscles and connected tendons are stretched to much the brain tends to protect the body by squeezing the stretched muscles. this is particularly presented on caves and quads, when it happens range of motion seems to be immediately limited. slowly movement with less bouncing prevents this problem.

Thanks Alessandro! I'll slow down the movement and remove the bounce from the bottom. Hopefully this will help get that "glute to achilles" squat I've been looking for. Is it safe to say that I'm good for the iM since it was not mentioned?

Alessandro Mainente

Whe doing the IM rotation externally (i mean lift the legs to the side and then to the back) try to knee at the same level through the rotation before moving it down. same thing when you reverse the movement.