This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2

Started by Michael Sklar, October 15, 2016 · 6 Replies · 176 Views

Michael Sklar

I can do 5x15 of the quality shown in the video, but it isn't even close to the GB standard in the GB video.

Do I just continue doing this exercise, trying to improve it?

Thanks. Michael

(I clicked on "Insert Other Media" and provided the URL but it doesn't seem to be embedded in the post. Is there something else I should do?)

Just in case, I'll provide the link here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmwmx3nebjoq62k/GBFormsCheck.MN_PE2.mov?dl=0

Alessandro Mainente

HI MIchael. a lot of work it is needed , my personal suggestion it is hold the reps at minimum at achieve more quality. actually you are teaching the brain a wrong pattern. How was your IM1? I would like to see it.

Leo Trinidad

You can also warmup with the previous element on a tucked straddle. How is your PE1 and iM?

Michael Sklar

Thanks for your help, Leo.

Alessandro: Sorry, I've been out of the country and didn't respond. I realize I have a lot of work to do (at age 73 my mobility is very poor, which is what this course of study will help correct). This exercise I'm discussing is MN/PE2, where I cannot get the legs up nor my hands forward as much as is required. I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to see my iM1. Does this mean the iM of the previous exercise? That is, MN/PE1>iM where you have the dumbbell in the air and lean over? If that is the case, mine is not good. I can't lean over as far as the person in the videos. Also, in MN/PE1 I can't bring the knees all the way to the chest. So perhaps I should go back to MN/PE1 and its iM? I'm many months from bringing the knees all the way to the chest. When I started Foundations on 9/9/16, I was 10 inches short of touching my toes. Now it is about 3 inches (and I can touch toes after warming up). So I have a long way to go. I appreciate the guidance.

Luke Searra

Hello Michael first let me say you are inspirational! I would love to see before and after progress of your mobility and your mobility videos!!!

Suzanna McGee

Michael, what an inspiration! It's never too late to start and become a super fit stud :) it just takes a bit longer to undo what has happened to the body over all these years… definitely go back to PE1 and iM, and when you master them both, then move on the PE2. Post videos, the coaches are amazing and have a great eye to catch everything that needs to be done. Don't rush anywhere, because you would get stuck sooner or later anyway, when it gets much MUCH harder, and then you would need to go back to the beginning anyway. Take your time already now and enjoy the daily process of small little improvements that WILL compound into big results over time. 

Michael Sklar

Thanks for your encouragement, Luke.

And Suzanna - LOL - very enjoyable encouragement - superfit stud, indeed!.