This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundations Straddle planche

Started by Christine Ho, October 15, 2016 · 8 Replies · 194 Views

Christine Ho

Hi Coach Sommer,

There seems to be a huge jump in strength level from the previous step for the integrated mobility of frog stand, the (sPl, SE1), where its like a bent arm bent leg planche. I can't figure out how to get into it let alone hold it! Any suggestions/modifications I can do to work up to it? 

Thanks

Christine

Alessandro Mainente

hi Christine, please read this thread.

Christine Ho

Hi,

I just read through it, I'm still at the frog stand element with bent arm tucked planche, and it's not the rest in between issue as frog stand is relatively easy, it's finding the strength to do a bent arm planche...the iM from the steps before was simply different variations of reverse leg raises, so suddenly jumping to a planche seem impossible...

Leo Trinidad

Hi Christine, 

How far are you in your other progressions? The bent arm planche requires strong foundation on your other elements too. 

Christine Ho

All core exercises in Foundations 2, Lower body in foundation 3, Upper body in foundation 1 except Straddle planche in 2

Alessandro Mainente

Are you working of PE3 of HBP?

Christine Ho

Yeah

Coach Sommer

Hi Christine,

Working on is not the same as mastered.  When you have mastered HBP/PE3, the mobility for sPL/SE1 will be much easier.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Christine Ho

Okay thanks! I will keep at it and update on my progress :)