Muscle Up

Started by Sternford, January 6, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,896 Views

Sternford

Today I did a muscle up for the first time, two actually, which is odd because I thought I was weeks away from getting one. This made me think I was doing something wrong. I really have very little vertical room with my rings so I had to start in a sitting position, and my arms started being bent. Since I didn't go through the full range of motion, can I still count it? I'd put up a video, but I didn't think I was going to get it so I didn't record it, and my forearms are really sore so I will wait a few hours before I try it again.

Charles Weill

Congratulations! I still can't do it. How long have you been working on it for?

Sternford

Well I got my rings at Christmas but they were not hooked up for maybe a week and I did not try much...

Blairbob

This is one of the progressions for muscle-up. Starting seated with bent arms.

Sternford

Oh, I didn't notice the bent arms part

gymmie

Hi there, I managed to surprise myself with 3 Mu yest when I did my testing. I din work on them for the past few months, working on other static exercises and stuff. Should I start adding them into my daily training, would those help much in strength gain? Thanks :D