This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel Hips

Started by Lucy Wilkins, October 15, 2016 · 10 Replies · 301 Views

Lucy Wilkins

Apologies if this is a silly question, but why is swivel hips in the upper body workout section? Are hips classed as upper body?

 

Lucy Wilkins

Thanks John

sorry if I am being particularly dense but I still don't understand,that link takes me to my available workouts. 

Are  the mobility workouts not linked to the strength exercises?

just to say it doesn't really matter,I will follow along as instructed. It just struck me as a bit odd. 

Cole Dano

 Keep in mind that swivel hips is related to the straddle Planche, with straddle being the operative word.

This is just a very preliminary step in developing the active straddle portion of the straddle planche. 

John Cunningham

Lucy, that was supposed to link to the article on the explanation for the integrated mobility......I might have to revisit my technical skills !

Anyway there is an explanation in the fitness drop down under introduction and then preparatory elements. I hope this helps. 

Lucy Wilkins

Thanks all, I understand it better now- I guess it was a silly question!

Wayne Smith
20 hours ago, John Cunningham said:

Lucy, that was supposed to link to the article on the explanation for the integrated mobility......I might have to revisit my technical skills !

Anyway there is an explanation in the fitness drop down under introduction and then preparatory elements. I hope this helps. 

No, it seems that any link to content within the courses redirects to the home page.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
5 hours ago, Wayne Smith said:

No, it seems that any link to content within the courses redirects to the home page.

Not necessarily. That link works for me. Takes me to the 'integrated mobility' page from the introductory articles. 

John Cunningham
23 minutes ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Not necessarily. That link works for me. Takes me to the 'integrated mobility' page from the introductory articles. 

It looks like if you are already signed in it will take you to the link I specified but if you are not logged on to the course material it takes you to your home page.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
11 minutes ago, John Cunningham said:

It looks like if you are already signed in it will take you to the link I specified but if you are not logged on to the course material it takes you to your home page.

That would seem rather obvious, no? 

John Cunningham

Not really cos if you are not signed in you will have to sign in but only take you as far as your home page but if you are signed in it will take you directly to the link, try it.