This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring support

Started by Richard Aston, October 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 176 Views

Richard Aston

Hello I've seen numerous videos posted on Facebook demonstrating exercises on the rings. In the videos the athletes seem to be using some sort of support strap that attaches around the forearm what are they called and where can I get them. 

image.jpg

Everett Carroll

Hi Richard,

Those straps are daisy chains (a piece of climbing equiptment). I used these in the rock gym but there are straps more specifically designed for rings training. The Rings One course includes information on how to make these and safely use them. To begin even playing on the rings, like I am doing here, it is recommended you complete AT LEAST the Foundation Two course. 

Luke Searra

The basic principle behind the straps which we call LARS (Leverage Assisted Ring Strength), is to change the leverage and therefore decrease the amount of weight, letting the athlete more easily and safely train the movement. Please follow Everett's advice for your own safety Richard.