This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily Mobility Work?

Started by Franc Perez Feliu, October 15, 2016 · 10 Replies · 485 Views

Franc Perez Feliu

Hey Peoples!

Right now I am doing the stretch series once per week (each of the three) and the Foundation 1 workouts each ONCE per week.

As I'm being bombarded that I should stretch and do mobility work every day, I'm wondering

Would you recommend adding a short daily stretch or mobility workout? If yes, exactly what would you recommend?

Or is it enough doing what I am doing up until now?

I started GST 3 weeks ago.

And I'm a fricking rock when it comes to flexibility.

Appreciate the help!

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Franc,

Since you have completed Fundamentals, use the daily limber to stretch out each day. 

Jon Douglas

Add your 'favourite' (read : least favourite) mobility elementsto your warmup if you want extra work :)

Keegan Yentsch
On 10/15/2016 at 2:03 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Franc,

Since you have completed Fundamentals, use the daily limber to stretch out each day. 

Is there any way to access/purchase this "daily limber" routine without buying the whole Fundamentals course? I keep hearing it mentioned in these threads about daily mobility work.

Everett Carroll

Hi Keegan,

There is not. The whole course is full of great information so even if you began training GST before its release, you will still enjoy it. I certainly do. 

Lee Brown
4 hours ago, Keegan Yentsch said:

Is there any way to access/purchase this "daily limber" routine without buying the whole Fundamentals course? I keep hearing it mentioned in these threads about daily mobility work.

I would definitely jump at this if there was a discount to existing members, especially (say) those who joined before Fundamentals even existed. I just want that limber routine not the whole course. Just sayin'!

Jason Naubur

What is this Limber course? I have purchased F1, F2, Handstand, Movement, Thrive and Stretch. Do I have access to it?

 

Thanks,

j

Judith Newton

Hi Jason -

The 'daily limber' is a later part of the Fundamentals course.

cheers !

Jason Naubur

Seems like something beginners would benefit from. I didn't even know it exists!

Thanks Judith!

 

j

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 10/15/2016 at 5:36 PM, Jon Douglas said:

Add your 'favourite' (read : least favourite) mobility elementsto your warmup if you want extra work :)

Frankly, I think there are a few options that depend on one's need. For instance, there is the approach like Jon's suggestion, which I use in my warmups and in cooldown to refine current iMs or old iMs as a prep for the day's workout. Another option is if you want to purchase the Fundamentals, it's certainly got a lot of suggested stretches, and the daily limber is great. I would say go for it. Lastly, there is also yoga. I found a yoga app that is free and is helpful, but it's not specifically geared towards GST but passive flexibility. For me, that's a big weak point. The iMs cover more active flexibility, while Fundamentals encompasses a mix of both. They're all good and will all help, just depends on what you need to focus on most. Did 30 minutes of yoga after my HS workout and some extra iM work and I'm feeling fluid.

 

Good luck sorting it out. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Jason, 

Like Judith said, the daily limber is one of the final lessons of Fundamentals. The course is filled with great info and I recommend checking it out if you have the means. Each lesson has multiple videos with detailed breakdowns of each movement and that info will help you greatly as you progress.