This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1

Started by Joshua Hibbert, October 14, 2016 · 10 Replies · 176 Views

Joshua Hibbert

 

Can you check I am performing them  correctly.  I am not sure i am twisting sufficiently.  I am currently using 2.5k but am thinking of lowering the weight to get the correct form.

Jon Douglas

Hi Joshua,

- ROM is much better on the right than the left. This is something that the weight doesn't bear on too much and Id say just keep monitoring until it evens out

HOWEVER 

- Speed increases as if 'falling' and then catching in the bottom position once you pass halfway on both sides. This indicates the weight is too heavy, at least for the number of reps you are doing. This should be the torso twisting and guiding the arms, not the torso being dragged along by the arm/weight swing.

So either the weight or the number of reps will need to come down, until control can be demonstrated :)

Joshua Hibbert

Thanks for the reply.  Which do you think is the most effective way to progress?  Drop the weight and build the reps or keep the weight the same and drop the reps.  For mastery I should be able to complete all the sets with my current weight?

Everett Carroll

Try to keep the weight at 2.5kg and reduce the number of reps. If you can't improve upon your form even with the reduced weight, then use a lighter one. 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Joshua Hibbert, I would suggest to start first without weight. Make sure that you maintain that leaning back and also keep you torso tall. Lock your elbows. Make sure that you pause every time in the middle. Do not rush the reps.

Joshua Hibbert
20 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Joshua Hibbert, I would suggest to start first without weight. Make sure that you maintain that leaning back and also keep you torso tall. Lock your elbows. Make sure that you pause every time in the middle. Do not rush the reps.

Thanks for the input.  I have dropped the reps to try and focus on form.  It is better than previously but I do lose form if I try to match the follow along vids.  They always seem to go so fast. I am going to add a warm up set or 2 without weight to really nail the exercise.  How does the IM look?

Leo Trinidad

Yes that's a good idea to warmup without weight. Mobility looks good but keep your feet together. :)

Joshua Hibbert

Just a little update. Are they looking better?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Try to keep legs together, a side view it is required to verify the inclination of the upper body and the spine position.

Joshua Hibbert

A little follow up vid to check if I am sorting out the issues.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Joshua,

Nice improvement! Try to get a little bit more twist out of the trunk instead of moving the arms to get the weight to the ground. Keep it up!