This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder pain in MN/PE6

Started by Micha Adler, October 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 188 Views

Micha Adler

Hello,

I've been experiencing shoulder pain when doing MN/PE6. Is there some alternative exercise I should be doing or some alternate grip I can use? Or should I just work on my shoulder mobility until I can do it without pain?

Thank you,

Micha Adler

Alessandro Mainente

HI Micha, ideally you should not work on pain. My first and only suggestion it is to check a physio and understand the problem, he/she must give you exercises to reduce the shoulder limitation and solve the problem.

Coach Sommer

Hi Micha,

The goal here should not be to adjust the grip to avoid the pain.  The goal here should be to correct the mobility deficit so that you are able to do the prescribed movement painfree.

Pause the PE while you begin addressing this newly discovered issue.  What additional courses are you currently doing in addition to F1?  Stretch?  Handstand One?  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Micha Adler

I have signed up for handstand but have not been doing the workouts recently. I have not signed up for any stretch courses but have been trying to do some of the daily limber before my foundation workouts and have a pvc pipe for doing pass throughs at home for shoulder mobility. I just found that on the third round of MN/PE6 I started getting an achey uncomfortable feeling in my left shoulder. I had suffered an injury there about 8 years ago and am not sure I ever fully recovered. Any specific mobility exercises you can suggest would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Micha Adler

Coach Sommer

Hi Micha,

The pain you are feeling is indicative of a lack of shoulder flexion which is exactly what is addressed in the initial H1 mobility elements.  

Time to get back on track with your H1 training.  F1 & H1 are designed to be trained simultaneously for this very reason.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer