This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form vs Reps

Started by Noah Schettini, October 14, 2016 · 2 Replies · 191 Views

Noah Schettini

Disclaimer: I assume this has already been asked, but I can't find it using the search. I apologize in advanced, but it may be an easy question to answer.

For example, when I am doing Scapular Shrugs, I can complete 5x15, but I am not in a PPT the entire time. I need to unhinge then get back into the PPT. Before anyone says, lol, I know I am not at mastery. My question is this, would it be better to lower the reps to the level where I can complete the Shrugs with perfect form and then raise it slowly. Or continue with my current method of, lets say, do 8 reps with good form - reassess and make sure I am in proper form - do 2 more, etc -- continue until I hit 15. I know coach says that we need to worker hard, but smarter as well. Just curious what the forum has decided the best route is.

Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the, I'm sure, already answered question.

Noah

Alessandro Mainente

Only repetitions where you can hold the correct body shape through the mount count. so adjust the week (step 1-9)you are working in function of the quality of the movement and not vice versa.

Coach Sommer

Hi Noah,

No need to maintain full PPT during scap shrugs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer