This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Push Up Technique Question

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, October 14, 2016 · 1 Replies · 162 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi all,

I was experimenting with the push up technique until I discovered one thing I never did before regarding push ups (HBP PE2). I usually allow my scapula do its' thing naturally when performing them but the last time I tried to focus on triceps and posterior shoulder (which is in the back, right?) and it was completely different exercise. I tried to employ triceps for pushing motion and shoulders with scapula for upper back stability and it is bloody hard. It feels as if I finally understood what triceps development is because it is feeling 90% in triceps only (my own estimation) and the rest is just holding pelvis, legs and back in a nice straight line. I am still working with this technique but I've put up a video for evaluation. Am I wrong or right?

Thank you very much.

 

NOTE: First three reps are what I am talking about here, the other three are done using my previous technique.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Do not roll the shoulder forward (to hold strong protraction) when moving down but let the upper back to adapt the movement. in the bottom part the upper arm is force into extension with the head of humerus tilted forward. we should avoid this position for rotator cuff health.