This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to fast forward through workouts/progress faster ?

Started by Adrian See, October 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 259 Views

Adrian See

Hi Guys,

 

I just ordered F1 last night, and taking all the information is quite overwhelming, trying to get used to the formatting and program. Kind of glad I didn't order the whole package as then I would be really confused.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

I'm pretty good on single leg squat, and want to progress through pretty quick.

How do I make the progressions update faster than weekly. I can see that if I go into settings, I can adjust there, but even the next day it did not advance to the next progression.

 

I can see that deck squat is the last exercise in F1 listed as SLS/PE5, is that all there is?

I thought it would be something like pistol squats which is something I can do quite comfortably already.

 

Also, when I go to workout setting and choose the SLS, the top tab gives me the choice to select PE1 through to PE5, and the bottom tab allows a choice of step 1 through to step 9.

What does this mean exactly?

I can understand PE1 through to PE5 are different exercises/progressions, but what are the different steps, does each exercise have different steps?

If so, is this simply an increase of reps?

How can I see these in advance?

 

Still confused.

 

 

Thanks

 

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Adrian,

In a word, no.  

The fastest you are able to progress thru each exercise is in 3 steps (step 1, step 5, step 9) for each and every exercise.  I used to allow a faster mastery test, but students were basing their progress purely on strength and not properly addressing the integrated mobility elements.

If you are as prepared as you believe, this will only slow your progress by a few weeks.  If not, it will enable you to properly address those mobility deficits.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Adrian See

Thanks Coach,

Still somewhat confused though. Say I do all 7 F1 exercises quite easily on Monday and mark them with the smiley face to progress. I believe the next time they will update is 1 week later. In the meantime, if I then progress through the next step of all 7 exercises again on Wednesday, and then again on Friday, how do I manage recording this?

Obviously progress will halt at some stage, but what do I do to keep the exercises updating and record that I've passed those?

Also, could you please explain what steps 1, 5 and 9 are? I don't quite understand how steps relate the exercises. Say for SLS/PE1 through to PE5. What does the PE stand for anyway?

 

Thanks for any explanation in clearing this up for me. Been reading the F1 forum all day and its slowly becoming clearer.

Everett Carroll

Hi Adrian,

You can log workouts more than once per week. Only one checkmark will appear but the system is still logging the repeated workouts behind the scenes. 

PE stands for preparatory element. I recommend you take a look at the introductory articles in your course. Here are some links to the pages that explain more about the course structure, abbreviations, and more:

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-prepspec/

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/how-mastery-works/

 

Adrian See
48 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Adrian,

You can log workouts more than once per week. Only one checkmark will appear but the system is still logging the repeated workouts behind the scenes. 

PE stands for preparatory element. I recommend you take a look at the introductory articles in your course. Here are some links to the pages that explain more about the course structure, abbreviations, and more:

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-prepspec/

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/how-mastery-works/

 

Thanks Everett.

 

Slowly figuring this out, although still not clear on the steps of each progression, did not read this clearly explained anywhere.

Take FL/PE1 for example, Bent Hollow Body Hold 5 x 60s, I'd assume this is Mastery for FL/PE1.

If I go to my workout section, this exercise starts at just 3 x 12s, does this mean it's step 1.

Then does it progress as per the mastery templates here - https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-templates/ under the 60 second mastery template for this example?

So if I wanted to jump ahead to step 5 for this exercise, it would be 4 x 36s based on the tables?

If there are 9 steps per exercise, and you do these weekly, does that mean it would take 54 weeks to finish FL of F1 ?

I know I can pass Bent Hollow Body Hold 5 x 60s right away. Do I do as Coach recommends above -  The fastest you are able to progress thru each exercise is in 3 steps (step 1, step 5, step 9)

Can this be done on the workout settings page?

If so, how long does it take for the workouts to be updated to show the current progress for all 7 exercises?

Are all these guidelines written and explained somewhere, as I have not come across them, if so, please point them out.

 

Thanks again.

Wayne Grima

Hi Adrian, as you know when you move on to a different PE, say PE1 to PE2 that is a different progression for that element.

Now moving to the next step for that progression means you will be increasing the reps and sets for that PE. So you

are just increasing the volume for that PE until you can comfortably do step 9 which is usually, but not always 5 sets of 15 reps for the

dynamic movements or 5 sets of 60 seconds for the static holds, also remembering that mastering the strength part of the element must be

accompanied with satisfactory mobility. Best way is to post a form check before moving on to the next progression.

 

Adrian See

Thanks Wayne.

That clears it up even more for me.