This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is this schedule ok starting out?

Started by Affan Osman, October 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 180 Views

Affan Osman

MWF: F7 (to begin with)

TuTh: H1, H2, Stretch

Sat: Stretch, Movement

I completed Fundamentals, started F1 last week. H1, H2, Movement, & Stretch this week. I have been consistently body weight training on my own for several years, so not a total beginner in terms of just plain working out but from the point of view of GST I am sure that I am a beginner. :)  

F7 with step 1 felt very easy last week so I moved it up to step 2. Now its at step 3. I don't plan to increase steps anymore but instead work F7 three days a week till it starts to get difficult. Is that a good idea?

I do the daily limber religiously even when I am not working out. I also run about 20-25 miles per week and I feel all the limbering is making my runs easier and I recover better.

Everett Carroll

Hi Affan,

It sounds like you plan to decrease volume if F7 3x per week gets to be too much. I always recommend starting will less volume and increasing from there. Everything else sounds just fine and I also feel I recover better from runs when I am limbering regularly. Keep up the hard work and consider dropping the F7 frequency now. You can always add more later. 

Affan Osman

Ok that makes sense. I will drop F7 to 2x week and go from there!

Jon Douglas

F7 2x a week is very productive, but don't be afraid to drop the volume pr split it if you feel you are not recovering right either. Especially in the beginning, it can be a lot to adapt to at once :)

Affan Osman

Yes I will take it easy and listen to my body. :)