This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What's easy?

Started by Igor De Britto, October 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 217 Views

Igor De Britto

After progressing to the ends of some exercises (like steps 7, 8 or 9), I find myself a little wasted by the end. For instance, in FL PE1 Step 9, I'm able to do the whole sequence. But I sure wouldn't tag that last 10-15 seconds as easy. So, as far as progressions go, does this imples I should keep on it until what happens? How would easy be defined?

Being able to do another round with no rest?

Not breaking a sweat?

Having a smile all the way through?

I'm all in for building proper foundations and intend to get through all Fs milking as much as I can - I can't much see a lot of exercises I'd like to do in 10-20 years from now that won't involve doing this anyways. So I don't mind spending the time to get it right. But what would a good mark be for the advancement?

Best,

Igor

Christopher Haddock

I've been defining it as getting through the set without undue struggle.  Hard would be I almost fail.

Everett Carroll

You shouldn't be right on the brink of failure or shaking excessively when selecting easy. Just record your immediate perception. If you are completing it, but just barely, you might want to consider selecting 'Just right' and staying on that step for another week.

Igor De Britto
6 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

You shouldn't be right on the brink of failure or shaking excessively when selecting easy. Just record your immediate perception. If you are completing it, but just barely, you might want to consider selecting 'Just right' and staying on that step for another week.

I recall Coach Sommers in the Shaking thread saying shaking won't count as mastery. So shaking, within reason, should allow progress until step 9, where work should be to consolidate and minimize/avoid shaking at all, right?

Alessandro Mainente

exactly.