This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Before and After one session of Front Split Series

Started by Nick Jones, October 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 221 Views

Nick Jones

Just completed a session of front split series and took a before and after photo. Just thought it would be of interest to demonstrate how your body changes just as a result of completing a session of stretch series.

obviously I know that as I return to my normal day I will lose some of my gains. However I also know that with consistent patient practice my gains will slowly accumulate resulting in a full front split.

In terms of form critique please feel to do so. To me it looks like my quad and hip flexor are the biggest limiters with possibly abductors after that. I should be getting middle split for my birthday next week so that will take care of the adductor. I also tend to do extra quad and hip flexor stretches each day. Any advice on this would be greatly received 

many thanks and keep up the great work

 

068FBDDF-F6A7-4DBC-A110-F47087BECF06.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Nick very Nice. Remember that in order to check the real improvement you need to take off the compensation on both the initial and final condition (before and after the stretch session). in you case we are talking about the backward leg. during front split work remember to turn the knee down and the instep down (do not hold the weight on the inner part of the feet). if you do like in the photo you're compensating the pose on the adductors rather the hips flexor.

Nick Jones

Thanks Allesandro. Much appreciated I will definitely make that adjustment this week