This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck Planche question

Started by Paul Del Casino, October 13, 2016 · 1 Replies · 139 Views

Paul Del Casino

I'm currently working on F2 sPL/SE3 4x18s (tuck planche). It's coming along OK, however I'm two steps back in mobility. I'm still working on the mobility for sPL/SE1 (frog stand). I forget how I got there, because it was some time ago, but I think I progressed in the strength component because it was easy and thought that the mobility would "catch up" (which it obviously hasn't). I'm continuing to make progression in both, but it's especially slow for the mobility. 

Should I step back two strength progressions back to sPL/SE1 (frog stand)? I'm confident that I've mastered it, as well as SE2, but I haven't mastered the mobility. When I use the new workout tracker and select "Lack Mobility", it progresses the strength aspect forward, but says that it doesn't count as mastery. I want to do it right, but I don't know whether or not to take two steps back in the strength series until the mobility catches up. 

Coach Sommer

Hi Paul,

Yes, you should drop back.  Never allow PE strength to progress ahead of your assigned iM work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer