This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Level 1 Thoracic Bridge Series Too Much For Me?

Started by James Gull, October 13, 2016 · 5 Replies · 248 Views

James Gull

Hi, I just did the thoracic bridge from the foundations package for the first time. 

I was unable to:

Get up to horizontal in table rock.

Come even close to putting my hands together in shoulder extension stretch. Maybe 2 feet apart. 

Push up into elevated bridge. 

I suppose my mobility here is very compromised. I'm a longtime lifter with shoulder problems and surgeries, so not too surprising. Are there remedial versions or should I just do the best I can with those movements?

 

Thanks.

 

Mark Collins

Do the best you can. Gradual progress over a long period of time is key. It takes a long time to get stiff and a long time to reverse it.

Jason DeFranco

As coach says, at the beginner level consistency is more important than intensity.

Just keep showing up and putting in the work and you will see results.

Suzanna McGee

Keep doing what you are doing. I was horrified by my first session :) I think I was able to touch my hands in extension stretch after maybe 4–5 sessions. The improvements happen quite fast. it's really fun. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 10/13/2016 at 11:53 AM, Suzanna McGee said:

Keep doing what you are doing. I was horrified by my first session :) I think I was able to touch my hands in extension stretch after maybe 4–5 sessions. The improvements happen quite fast. it's really fun. 

 

I would dare say that that is far from common. Good on you, I'd say that's fortunate/sign of years of intelligent training. 

Suzanna McGee
3 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

I would dare say that that is far from common. Good on you, I'd say that's fortunate/sign of years of intelligent training. 

Thanks Daniel. I have always been trying to train intelligently. With the current knowledge I had at the time. Now finding GST is a real blessing. Sort of the cherry on the top :) Also, I must say I have a serious work ethic. Nothing comes before my training. No TV, no socializing… That also makes a big difference, I think… I never skip a workout.