This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP> PE3

Started by Mikey Cunanan, October 12, 2016 · 8 Replies · 196 Views

Mikey Cunanan

Hello all,

I have recently restarted foundation for all 7 elements with high hopes to refine my form and improve my body line. One of the exercises that I find particularly difficult to maintain is the pseudo planche push-up. I would greatly appreciate feedback my work for today. I am currently working the 4x4 template, however this particular set was filmed after my upper body workout. I accidentally cut out the protraction at the top of the 4th rep but I promise it was there :P Your critique would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Mikey,

Your shape looks good and you are nice and controlled. Work on getting your chest all the way to the floor. You want full depth during each rep to maximize the strength gains.

You seem like an honest guy so I'll take your word for it and not critique the last reps missing protraction. ;) 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Mikey Cunanan, very nice reps. My advise is you can turn your wrists a bit outwards and you can lean further and go down until the waist. This will help you be stronger. Just make sure you maintain the lean and protraction too.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Everett Carroll and @Leo Trinidad thanks for the feedback. I have been working on increasing the lean and depth of my push up.  This is my current form on the 5th set of 6 reps. If you don't mind letting me know if this is heading in the right direction. 

Thank you in advance!

  

 

Andrew Long

looks pretty good to me except for one part and that is you seem to be curving your upper back to obtain greater protraction.  I have seen mixed answers to whether or not this is okay but the guys above dont seem to mind so its probably fine.

Everett Carroll

Hey Mikey,

You could increase the lean slightly. Otherwise, nice work. You're making great progress! 

Mikey Cunanan

Thanks Everett!

I will definitely work on achieving a greater lean. I knew it wasn't quite there but I just wanted to make sure the ROM was there. 

Leo Trinidad

Hey Mikey, keep in mind that as your planche lean and protraction gets better then this will greatly affect your PPP. Keep up the good work. :)

Koenraad Van Leemput

Nice Mikey, you are progressing really well. A bit jealous - but happy for you mate !