Home Made Parallete Help?

Started by Seiji, January 5, 2010 · 5 Replies · 3,080 Views

Seiji

I bought a couple of pipes and connectors, then stuck them all together. It sounded sort of squeaky when I put all of my weight on it, so I put gorilla glue around the edges of pipe connectors. Of course, that didn't help at at because the pipe doesn't have a porous surface and there's no space between pipe and connector to seep into.

Ideas?

It works, but sometimes it comes a little loose so I'd have to stick something back in a little. :/

Would pictures help? I can take them tomorrow.

Neal Winkler

Are you using PVC? There is specific glue for that.

Rolf Nilsen

I did a parallete setup in PVC. It was way too flexible to support my 98kgs.

Two sledgehammer shafts recessed into spruce supports and epoxied in place was my solution. PVC paralletes is probably fine if you find the right materials and bodyweight is within the "design envelope".

Blairbob

Use thicker PVC, like 1.5" or more. Try to not use long pieces longer than your forearm or twice your hand width.

Seiji

Ah, I'll have to look for that glue then. Thanks everyone.

Rolf Nilsen
Blairbob said:
Use thicker PVC, like 1.5" or more. Try to not use long pieces longer than your forearm or twice your hand width.

Largest radius PVC plumbing pipes I could get was 32mm. I would have gone with thicker if I could find them at the time.