This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Hollow Body Rock

Started by Stuart McFarlane, October 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 202 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

I can do these with good form and rock as one solid unit, but I cannot rock as fast as the follow along videos.  Peversely I assume this means I am doing more work, as I have to hold the position for longer to complete the reps.  But how do you speed up the rocking?  (It's not an excuse but I am 6 foot 4, 195cm tall, is it just a case of a longer slower lever?)

Even with posterior pelvic tilt my lumbar spine still has some arch in it, so when I rock "forward" I am rocking on my butt then as I rock "backward" my mid back touches the ground and I begin the cycle again... I just don't know how to do it any faster....

Any thoughts?

Coach Sommer

Hi Stuart,

This simply means that you have not yet achieved mastery on this step.  Particularly if you are not able to maintain proper PPT (poster pelvic tilt).

Pause the workout vid while you do the assigned number of reps on your own and then restart to follow along for the mobility work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Suzanna McGee

Stuart, I had similar issues in the beginning (and now do have with the Hollow Body Rock PE6 when I get tired)… when you get that little arch you say you have, it shows that you/your abs are not strong enough to hold the PPT. This gets better with practice. One of those days I had a "revelation" when the smooth, speedier rocking happened—I kind of connected with the lower abs and that was where I controlled the rocking speed, sort of. When I got tired after two sets, I lost the roundness and that was it. At least I was able to do pretty two sets of 60 rocks and the next 3 sets were shorter… no meaning to rock with that arch… The rounder your lower back (strong PPT), the smother (and speedier) the movement will be. Just keep rocking :) (without that little arch)

Stuart McFarlane

Thanks both, I played with this tonight and I am on track - slight adjustment to my form and we are good