This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Horrible Shoulder Extension

Started by Joshua Michaluk, October 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 89 Views

Joshua Michaluk

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same or if I am extremely immobile in my shoulders. I was following along to day 23 today, and when we got to the point to do shoulder extensions, I couldn't do it at all.

Just so everyone knows what I am talking about, the woman in the video clasped her hands behind her back, then raised her arms up behind her. When I attempt this, I literally might get 1-2" off my backside. Even if I spread my arms wider than should length and hold a bar, I can barely move my arms upwards at all.

 

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JOshua, welcome in the world of tight shoulder extension. That was probably my worst enemy at the beginning. it is totally fine. you need to spend here the biggest amount of time . it requires weeks if not months.

Mats Trane

Yes the take time. Don't be in a hurry. 

Joshua Michaluk

Thank you both for the encouragement, nice to know that I am not alone