This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge series question

Started by Sam Jarvis, October 11, 2016 · 3 Replies · 185 Views

Sam Jarvis

Just completed my first thoracic bridge stretching series.  For this series, several of the stretches used wooden bars.  How would you suggest replicating these stretches if you do not have access to these wooden bars and are stretching at home?

Tanya Hill

Hi Sam, 

Glad to hear you worked through your bridge. I personally have seen many athletes use the couch to elevate their feet, instead of the bar. ;) 

Murray Begg

Hi Sam,

I've just purchased the thoracic bridge series and have the same issue of no bars at home.  Did you find a solution aside from using the couch?  Any recommendations would be welcome.  Thanks, Murray.

Pauline Taube

Hi Murray,

any elevated surface will do here. A couch like Tanya mentioned above, a chair, foot stool or stairs if you’re training at home. If you’re in a gym you may use a bench, box or barbell rack. 

I hope this helps, please let us know how you do :)